I remained active over the long Memorial Day weekend, but man did I falter from my “pure” lifestyle with food and alcohol. To help get me back on track I focused today on drinking TONS of water and I am back to small balanced meals.
So far today I have had:
– Breakfast – 2 eggs, spinach, organic low fat cheese and whole wheat bread
– Lunch – salmon salad (spinach, romaine, orange peppers, mushrooms, pine nuts) with salsa
– Plans for Snack and Dinner – low sodium fruit and nut mix for a snack and most likely chicken and veggies for dinner.
I am already feeling better and more energetic then I felt this weekend. It is amazing how changing up your diet really affects your overall well being.
Next step for today? A killer workout. I ran over the weekend, a total of about 6 miles and did Yoga but I really need a weights session. Here’s an awesome plan I found online from a Jackie Warner interview for FitnessRx
– Warm Up – Probably hop on the elliptical, otherwise some plyometrics
– Chest Press – 15-20 reps
– Renegade Push-Ups – Push-up on dumbbells with a row – 15-20 reps
– Sissy Squats with Weights – You place your heals on a dumbbell and squat – I am going to try with free weights today as well
– Front Dumbbell Lunges
– Wide Dumbbell Pulls
– Dumbbell Pullover
– Front Squats
– Hindu Squats – this is a new one for me. Basically you hold the free weights behind your legs when you squat…makes you focus your weight on your butt for sure
– Side Plank – Raise and Lower for 15-20 reps
– Twisting Sit Up
– Single Leg Dead Lift
– Reverse Plank
One important aspect that Jackie points out is the focus on all the large key muscle groups (Chest, Back, Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes) – This is really helping think through how to create my own full body routines so that I can continue to mix things up.